Check out my brothers’ suitcase! This is what it looked like a few days ago just before checking in for our flight on our recent trip. Actually, the handle /carrying strap broke a year ago. But he could still use it and carry it with the trolley handle … so he didn’t get it fixed.
Now he has a BIGGER problem.
The trolley handle is broken too, and it doesn’t go back into the track. It is sticking out diagonally, and the possibility of it breaking off during the baggage handling and packing is quite high. Now his NEW dilemma is that he won’t be able to carry the bag at all, because both handles are broken!
What the health does this have to do with anything? My brother inspired me to write this blog post. We realized that his bag highlighted some important points that we may not always appreciate:
– We may only notice and care about obvious symptoms.
– Something always compensates for a problem elsewhere.
– Over time and use, the first problem causes a second problem.
– The new problem could be Bigger and ‘Badder’ than the original problem.
– Now we notice the first problem as significant and much easier to address.
– We look back and see that we could have avoided being completely out of action if we’d acted earlier.
Are you neglecting anything? Any aching muscles? Or tense, stiff neck/shoulder? Or the “usual headache” or “normal old age pain” ? (Even though many people who say this are only 40 or 50 years old…which is barely half way through life!)
Learn from others mistakes, and their “if only” retrospective thoughts and comments. Get checked today, and see what you can do about your headaches, injuries, or your muscle and joint pains. Chiropractic Works!